Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buyer Beware SG Trigger Housings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnjcomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buyer Beware SG Trigger Housings
    Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 10:11am
I recently purchased what was listed as an original SG trigger housing from EBAY  to replace a brazed IP unit on one of my customer's SG carbines. He didn't like the housing wobble and wanted the carbine to be all SG. When received neither the hammer or trigger pin from his IP housing nor would the pins from my Inland or Winchester carbines fit the holes which were undersized.
The seller has agreed to refund my purchase price + shipping both ways but still contends that the housing is USGI.  Several years ago I received a bogus Inland housing and guess what.  The pin holes were undersized and the parkerizing color and  hue are identical. I kept that housing to remind me of what fakes look like.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 1:27pm
Thanks for taking the time to post this information
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by cnjcomp cnjcomp wrote:

I recently purchased what was listed as an original SG trigger housing from EBAY to replace a brazed IP unit on one of my customer's SG carbines.

Did IP make brazed (T4) housings?
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 1:49pm
I tried searching completed auctions, but couldn't find it.

Wondering if it was one of the SG housings we seen a while back that IIRC looked cast (?)
Picture or link would be nice.
Good that you'll get your funds back.
Appreciate the post.

CH-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 1:53pm
Never seen a T4 IP, gotta be a typo.

CH-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
cnjcomp View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnjcomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 5:55pm
Just check the trigger housing.  Its an underwood not IP . I just went with what he told me.  My bad.
I'm still looking for a legit SG housing. Seems moot to me since the carbine is a re-build in an underwood stock, ss winged safety, and an SA milled rear sight.
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2020 at 7:00pm
Darn, hoping it was one of those Inland unicorns
cnjcomp View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnjcomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2020 at 8:18pm
Looks cast came out of Athens,OH  The seller agreed to take it back and took care of the postage both ways. 
 Post Reply Post Reply