The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone here own a Fulton Armory m1?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carl Bine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone here own a Fulton Armory m1?
    Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 10:51am
Does anyone here own a Fulton Armory m1?

Was considering one of these as a present for my son until I heard of the 4 month wait for delivery. The youtube vids I've seen are impressive and I hear reliability is exceptional.

Of course I wrestle with the dollar amount ($1699 for a 'service grade') approaching or even eclipsing a real 'mutt' shooter, vs the comfort of knowing your 14 year old will shoot a safe new weapon. Thoughts?
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 11:47am
M-1 Carbine? I have one and it's well worth the money IMO. Their made to USGI spec, and you can upgrade the barrel to the chrome lined version which is well worth the money.

I've got 500 rounds through mine so far and only had 2 FTF's that were mag related IMO (I've been testing my USGI mags and 1 doesn't like that rifle for some reason)

Given what the price of USGI Carbine's have risen to it's well worth buying, it'll be used by your 14 year old well after your gone and you'll smile down on him/her as they shoot it.

Mine. As I mentioned, upgrade to the chrome lined barrel for the extra $65 bucks. I liked it so much I had Fulton install one on all my Carbines when I had them serviced by them last year

The 4 month wait period is SOP for Fulton with new production rifles like the Carbine. Their made to order, not per built
Carl Bine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Bine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 12:06pm
Thanks, Yes, I intend to get the chrome barrel. Yours looks gorgeous. There's just something about a new rifle...
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Carl Bine Carl Bine wrote:

Thanks, Yes, I intend to get the chrome barrel. Yours looks gorgeous. There's just something about a new rifle...

I admit, I fondle it every once in a while

I've been tempted to order another as a safe queen but I own 4 Carbines now, I figure 1 I can run to death (see my post in Safety and Shooting), this FA will see a case of ammo a year for the next couple years and still be in good shape when I die.

I like the walnut stock so much I ordered a Boyds for one of my other Carbine even though it is a dedicated safe queen

The USGI 1943 Inland next to my FA, the stock on it can go on the one on the far right and I'll stash that one "just in case"
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 12:35pm
I only used their receiver.

My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
03manV View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03manV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 10:53pm
Their receivers are forged and finished very nicely.

I built a "Viet Nam advisor" pistol similar to what TenOCEE did above, but with a hand shaped stock.
Shoots great.

Don
 Post Reply Post Reply