Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB GI Receiver for a shooter. Any GI manu ok

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbine44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB GI Receiver for a shooter. Any GI manu ok
    Posted: Jun 11 2020 at 8:18pm
Building a shooter. Looking for a barrel and receiver. Don't have a ton of cash to spend. 
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2020 at 8:46am
Just seeking enlightenment,  is it cheaper to build then to buy a new Carbine? In my area I would have said no. GI Carbine parts are out of the roof. 
David Milisock
Carbine44 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbine44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2020 at 9:16am
Numrich has a lot of the small parts for reasonable prices. Liberty Tree also has some. http://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=109

Also, I have built in the past, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of doing. 
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2020 at 3:40pm
When one could pick-up receivers and barrels for a decent price, he could assemble one cheaper than he can purchase one. I have never built one that I did not have as much or more invested than I could purchase a complete carbine for, but I always use USGI parts. Parts prices seem to be going up almost weekly. Seems like the $200 bolt has replaced the $100 bolt and the $100 stock has replaced the $35 stock.

If you want a real eye-opener, list all the parts in a carbine and go compare asking prices for individual components. It will turn a $1,000 carbine into a $2,000 carbine on paper.

BUT.....it sure is fun and you know what you have inside. No surprises when you crack the nut open to see what's inside of a carbine you purchased. Some of the surprises can be nightmares.

Barrels....good luck. I am looking for a beater barrel myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply