Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jamesicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last carbine
    Posted: Jun 08 2020 at 5:04pm
I have gifted all of my carbines to my grandchildren plus one very special friend (who I know will be good custodians) except for my favorite Inland that I will continue to admire and fondle with TLC until I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

I apologize for the quality and randomness of the photos - it was the best I could do in my current circumstance.

Edited by Jamesicus - Jun 09 2020 at 9:10am
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2020 at 6:11pm
I see a carbine like that and wonder what stories it could tell. Mine is a bit older, but I fully understand your wanting to keep it and hold it. I feel the same about mine. 
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2020 at 6:14pm
It is a great looking carbine.  I would also want to hang on to at least one. 
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2020 at 11:28pm
Notice the Trigger Housing hang out?
I have a friends Inland 390,755 here in it's Type II oval Hi-Wood stock with same hang out.
Was it common, or seen on others in these ranges with this issue?
Stock is OI, CC lightly visible.

Just curious........
Living Free because of those that serve.....
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2020 at 7:36am
Here is a pic of Inland 1553xx trigger housing to stock fit.

03manV View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03manV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2020 at 8:20am
Very nice Inland.

I believe the stock is/was well worn, dinged and has been sanded a fair amount- as the overhang is not normal- neither is the gap below the rear sight on the left.
Edges are rounded not square in other areas where the edge should be sharp. JMHO.

Fortunately the cartouche did not disappear.
Don
Jamesicus View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by painter777 painter777 wrote:

Notice the Trigger Housing hang out?
I have a friends Inland 390,755 here in it's Type II oval Hi-Wood stock with same hang out.
Was it common, or seen on others in these ranges with this issue?
Stock is OI, CC lightly visible.

Just curious........
Good question, I don’t know and would like to know the answer - not original stock.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2020 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Jamesicus Jamesicus wrote:

I have gifted all of my carbines to my grandchildren plus one very special friend (who I know will be good custodians) except for my favorite Inland that I will continue to admire and fondle with TLC until I shuffle off this mortal coil. 

I apologize for the quality and randomness of the photos - it was the best I could do in my current circumstance.

Its a sweetie. Thanks for the pics.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
6kidsdad View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6kidsdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2022 at 8:50pm
Old post I know, but yes, common for the trigger housing to "hang out" on the early ones. Like the early Inlands!
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2022 at 12:07am
Nice, and it's good to know your other Carbines will be with family
PingCMP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingCMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2022 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by 6kidsdad 6kidsdad wrote:

Old post I know, but yes, common for the trigger housing to "hang out" on the early ones. Like the early Inlands!

Was that also common to QHMC's? My 4.7 hangs out similar to the Inland above, but it still has a visible ordnance wheel. It would seem that it the stock were sanded so much so as to create significant trigger housing hangout, wouldn't it erase the ordnance wheel as well?

Charlie
 Post Reply Post Reply