Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EBay Seller Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EBay Seller Problem
    Posted: May 26 2020 at 4:02am
If anyone knows the identity and address of the following EBay seller please PM me. He's doing screen captures of pics on our website and using them to sell his carbine parts.

wobsfund-6

Please do not contact or harass him. I'm dealing with the issue thru legal means.

Thanks

Jim
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 9:33am
I see he has an "M1 Carbine ejector spring & plunger USGI NOS" for $9.95 and free shipping.  If ya'll think it's legit I'll order one and let you know the return address when I get it.  
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 9:46am
We're still debating if his stuff is legit. Too many very rare items in quantity.

Thanks for the offer, no need to make a purchase.

Jim
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 10:15am
Jim, Look at these pictures from the CMP forum of the Scope base, they are the same pictures that wobsfund-6 has listed on ebay.  Maybe the same person, both sellers from PA.

Edited by W5USMC - May 26 2020 at 1:39pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
desert-storm View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desert-storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 2:50pm
His items are bogus, can't remember what I purchased but it went back quickly for a full refund.
MilsurpsUSGI View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MilsurpsUSGI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 6:32pm
I bought something from Wobsfund-6 not too long ago. I remember doing some research - looked up the address in Google Earth, etc. I'll see if I can find the information.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 8:43pm
Like some other humpers he sells the good with the bad and also has a ton of feedbacks, go figure.
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2020 at 11:40pm
Great, now I see this post.  Where was this a week ago when I ordered parts that just happen to be from this same seller.  I will see how they are and probably return them.  Gotta check here first for slings etc.  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 12:45am
Still looking for confirmation of a name and address for wobsfund-6. Anyone has it please share via private message. A correction, he may or may not be the same seller on CMP W5USMC referred to above. Can't rule it out.

From what I'm seeing wobsfund-6 and the fella on CMP are typical resellers. They buy from various sources what they think they can turn a profit on. Like it or not, pretty common practice. Some of their items come from Numrich. Some probably bought at a discount for resellers.

Also as indicated above, mixed in with all they sell are a number of things that appear to be replicas/fakes of the originals made under contract to Ordnance. Including the high value rare items like the dogleg hammers. They are careful how they word the listing to avoid allegations of fraud.

This doesn't mean they make the replicas/fakes. Good possibility they buy them from someone who does. Looking into a few things as to the source of those dogleg hammers.

There is no requirement for them to identify them as replicas/fakes. Long as they don't claim they are original GI it's not fraud. Way around this is just describe them as is. Dogleg hammer with RockOla markings. It is a dogleg hammer. They are markings that were used by RockOla. The word "original" can also mean original replica/fake/reproduction. Semantics game.

Jim
MilsurpsUSGI View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MilsurpsUSGI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 1:00am
Jim, I just found the information from the eBay transaction I mentioned above. I'm in the process now of trying to figure out how to send a PM! - Bob
03manV View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03manV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 9:12am
Look at the guys location, Pa. near Sarco.

About 1/2 of his items are straight from Sarco, he buys them and marks them up 50-100% and
sells on ebay and elsewhere.

Some items he says are reproductions, others no comment; I do not think I saw a single "original or
original GI" claim.

"Caveat Emptor" is the watch word and has been for centuries.

Another "tidbit", for those who watch Gun Broker; the seller "orcas" is Sarco(spelled backwards).
The only difference is "orcas" ships immediately and if you order the same item from Sarco, it may take
weeks! Prices may vary a bit too, but "orcas" often sells small items with shipping included.
Just FYI.
Don
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 9:35am
the sling I ordered is coming from York PA and will arrive this weekend.  I will PM the original poster of the thread with the name and full address when it arrives.  Hope it helps
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 12:37pm
++++UPDATE++++

Seller has removed our images from their listings. Don't know if it was EBay or someone who saw the post here and informed him. Doesn't matter which, goal was to let them know we knew and not to do it.

Seller ID and address provided. Thanks guys. Further legal action pending.

W5USMC, the EBay account for wobsfund-6 is in the name of a female. She is a confirmed associate of the guy selling items on CMP. He is currently using the EBay seller name of runrandyrun. He's used other EBay seller names in the past and other associates to open EBay seller stores in their name, on which he sells his parts. One of those was rollermilleast, who sold many replicas/fakes.

It would be nice to have a world where people don't put personal profit and personal gain over some form of integrity that doesn't victimize others or take advantage of the unknowing but this planet isn't it. Nothing new. Doesn't make it right.

Best to buy from someone who is a known with a track record of honesty and integrity. They exist and outnumber those unlike themselves.

Also, the dogleg hammers being sold by wobsfund-6 and runrandyrun should NOT be viewed as original GI. More on this in an upcoming post under a different thread rea dogleg hammers.

Thanks again

Jim

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 6:31pm
I recall WOBSFUND-6 selling as just WOBSFUND a few years back.
They also advertised a percentage of the sale would go to charity, though I don't recall which.
Maybe this one ?
Looked up WOBSFUND...... 

The Ebay profile shows a member since 4-4-17 with 2305 transactions. 2351 feedbacks received as a seller.
Keep in mind repeat buyers don't add up as another transaction IIRC.

Not saying good or bad here:
But see he/she buys from Mike sells history and rickplayer often buying the bulk packed parts.

I wouldn't be surprised if L&S Supply figures in somewhere. 

Try a Google search by typing in Wobsfund. Looks like they have the market covered, especially with bolt tools (seen as low as $15.60)
Must have a large stock..... or quick access to supply.
Example.... Note the categories it's advertised under...

Living Free because of those that serve.....
desert-storm View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desert-storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2020 at 7:28pm
Mike sells history is another ???? He has many accounts he sells under, met him at a local show, does not like the educated type of buyer, he is the very shifty type & he is good friends with Georgie boy.  They all run in the same circle and are like minded.  You have to be a educated buyer and never buy if you can't return.  Have to keep calling them out and there should be a stickie list of the offenders as a reference listing all of their alias's. 
rickplayer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2020 at 11:11am
He has bought bulk packs from me. I also bought one of his barrel bands it was fresh from china in a green wrapper. He did take a return. I know Mike sells history buys carbines and sells them for parts. I guess that's his right. I bought a large lot of parts a few years ago and have been selling off the ones I don't want as part of my collection. I cant believe how dirty the parts market has become.

Make sure the seller offers 100% refunds. There is no reason not to unless they are shady.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2020 at 2:59pm
Thank You Rickplayer Thumbs Up

Charlie-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
 Post Reply Post Reply