Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DCM Winchester

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci1165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DCM Winchester
    Posted: May 15 2020 at 2:39pm
Just found this at my local GS. Early DCM Winchester post war rebuild designated by the initials of original owner and dated 1966 under Inland slide. Trigger guard is Inland, bolt is AOB IBM, obvious Underwood replacement hammer and an Underwood 1-44 bbl, which gauges under a 1....I did call CMP and left Stephanie a VM in hopes of locating back records. I also received two 1918 boxes of 1911 .45 REM-UMC ammo...all for $800.00 Thank you.

Edited by Ricci1165 - May 15 2020 at 3:51pm
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2020 at 9:56pm
Well, that was a nice find! You should be very pleased. 
Ricci1165 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci1165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 4:22am
Donnie,
I’m very pleased! I’m lucky to live in a relatively small town with an old school GS that gets its fair share of milsurps from time to time. I did receive a call back from CMP yesterday afternoon and gave them the serial number. They stated it would be looked into and get back with me. In the past after acquiring what I felt was a DCM or CMP firearm, I would pay their research fee of $25.00 and receive a provenance letter. Those initials on the bottom of the slide indeed are during the old DCM/NRA days. Fingers crossed here. Thank you for replying! 
Ricci1165 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci1165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2020 at 12:52pm
CMP UPDATE:

I just received a call and they're still going through old DCM records from years ago. They will continue to search and notify if something shows up.....either way, I'm elated to have located this Winchester for the price I paid as a post war representative rebuild. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply