The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello all, I am new to the club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello all, I am new to the club
    Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 8:02am
hello, I am new to the club and forums and looking forward to learning about my M1 Carbine.
I’ve owned mine since 2000 when it was purchased from friend who himself had inherited the rifle from his father in law.
Since 2000 I’ve fired it a handful of times, maybe 200-300 rounds total, and given it a light cleaning afterwards but never taken it apart.
Now for whatever reason I want to know more about what I have so I found the club website and looked through the info which is incredible!
Since then I’ve field stripped the gun, cleaned the parts and catalogued and photographed all the numbers and markings I could find.
I would love to post that info to learn more about what I have but want to make sure which forum is most appropriate?
Regards to all,
Jp
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 9:34am
Welcome to the forum.  I suggest filling out and submitting a data sheet:

As for your specific carbine there is the "Carbines of the Collectors" forum which is the best choice. If you go to the "Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions" forum there are a few topics on posting pics.  Might as well read up on it cause everybody likes pics.

I look forward to seeing your carbine.
Jpoole View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 9:37am
Sling00,
thank you so much, that was the feedback I was looking for.
I will fill out the form, post some pics and see what folks say.
Regards,
Jp
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 10:39am
jpoole, welcome to the club. You are off to a great start on you Carbine journey.
There is so much to learn and enjoy about these historic firearms.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 10:39am
Welcome. You know we always enjoy Carbine 'pron' here. Yeah, it's spelled correctly.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 11:47am
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply