The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A word from France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2020 at 6:04am
Thanks for taking the time to explain French gun laws.  I enjoy learning about other countries.  So far all I've read reminds me of how blessed we are in the US.
PLN-TAP-7 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLN-TAP-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2020 at 7:15am
Well I understand the point: As I stated earlier that is my biggest regret when I think back of my stay over there: being able to go to the Walmart and buy my 9mm out of the counter with just me producing my driving license!

But we still can enjoy having guns of all sorts even if there is always this feeling that it can stop.
As far as I understand not all American states are equal about gun laws: that is why when I was posted over there I followed a friend's advice to settle in Virginia against the DC (nightmare as even a cross bow is not allowed) and Maryland.

As for pistol that is the Brits who are deprived of them, not us French.

here is a picture of one of mine:

This is my Para Ordnance in 45ACP after I changed the stock, hammer, rear spring housing, trigger, magazine catch. I do not like the polymer on such pistol and I still have to cope with the stupidly big markings as the fancy seems to be this days. None the less the Para Ordnance GI Expert was one of the modern 1911 variation I liked compared to the concurrents. And whether I wanted an original that would have been a possibility.
I believe it is one of the last Canadian made parts and assembled in USA in Ft Lauderdale FL. I also think that this one went to Europe as a German Import before ended up in France. I baought it second (or third) hands as my second automatic (I have a Beretta 92 since 1988).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12