Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland .30M1 sn 6411400

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2020 at 5:43am
The U.S. .30 cal. carbine slings indicate "PULL HERE" in the location the "Knip Hier" appears. The German slings for the .30 cal. carbines indicate ...

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2020 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by sleeplessnashadow sleeplessnashadow wrote:

Dutch M1 Carbine Slings

Do colors mean different time periods?
The Blue reminds me of the Dutch Air Force (KLu) color. With very similar hardware, depending on it's intended use. Possibly some Civil Defense use ?

Much more in the link here on Dutch Air Force (KLu) Web:

Charlie-Painter777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2020 at 5:24pm
Great pictures Patrick and nice carbine!

Edited by m1a1fan - Mar 15 2020 at 6:32am
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2020 at 6:48pm
Charlie

The slings I posted pics of I have no info on which Dutch forces used them or when.

Jim
Liberium View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liberium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2020 at 8:46am
I think the translation could be 'snap here' just in case a dutch bubba didnt knew how it worked Wink
1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2020 at 7:39am
Thanks for the extra info and pictures. I know that many Dutch forces used the carbine, the Navy (Marines), Airforce, Army (commando's) and also the police, both Military (marechaussee) and regular.
The Dutch forces used the carbines in the Netherlands and overseas (Indonesia/Papua-New Guinee/Korea/Suriname and the small Carribean Islands).
The carbines were used (among more ex. WW2 British/American an German equipment) up to the place where the Uzi and FAL rifles were introduced.
Also check this topic with many pictures of Dutch forces using carbines http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/searching-for-info-on-dutch-30m1-use_topic3389_page1.html

P.S. If you have a Dutch "knip hier" sling that is black, it has probably been used by the Dutch regular police. From a fellow collector that is also a police officer I heard that they blackened the sling to make it more inline with their uniform colors. Nice thing to mention is that he was able to acquire the original teargas grenade marked carbine he used himself when he was in the riot control police (mobile eenheid), when those carbines were phased out.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12