Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB QHMC flip sight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB QHMC flip sight
    Posted: Feb 16 2020 at 11:30am
Hello:   I'm looking for the GE-Q stamp or B-Q 
Many thanks
Lightning 330
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2020 at 12:08pm
Just a gotcha for your "restoration", be aware that GE-Q used circular or X staking, depending upon serial number
Lightning330 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2020 at 3:15pm
Thanks blackfish. I was aware of that and forgot to mention.
I am looking for the circular staking.
Lightning 330
Jumperwings View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jumperwings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2020 at 7:52pm
Check Ebay now. One is listed.Wink
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2020 at 8:35pm
It may be tricky spotting the fakes.  If you are looking for something authentic, I suggest posting some pics here of your possible purchase and letting the knowledgeable guys take a look.

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2020 at 9:43pm
Thanks to all. eBay is okay at times, I think this is the one mentioned.
I have been watching it. Input would be good to hear.
Many thanks again.

Lightning 330
Rcycles45 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcycles45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2020 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Lightning330 Lightning330 wrote:

Thanks to all. eBay is okay at times, I think this is the one mentioned.
I have been watching it. Input would be good to hear.
Many thanks again.

This one is a fake , run away !
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2020 at 8:48pm
Thanks Rcycles45 on input.
Anymore out there that want to jump in also?
Education is key here and not asking for your secrets, but 2nd and 3rd opinions are needed please.
Seems like rear sights. The true ones, are so hard to come by.
tenOCEE -- please feel free to jump in also. Everyone for that matter.
I look and look. Fakes go for $160 to $190.
Just frustrated in my search is all without the true eye for the real deal. I'm still learning.
Thanks again.
Lightning 330
Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2020 at 9:34pm
They are hard to come by, especially specific makers, but if you are patient or are willing to shell out what a trusted seller asks you will be much more happy about your purchase. I got lucky on one and got one from a member here for more than I really wanted to spend but I did not want to play games with whether it was real or not. I have no doubt the sight I received is authentic. The one pictured is one that is produced with different markings but they all look about the same with similar characteristics and font. I am pretty new to carbines so I’m not an expert but I try and I’m getting better at recognizing problems. Here’s a link to a BQ flip I believe is real if it might help at all. Whether you are looking for an early or later QH flip also comes into play because they staked the pins different. https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-carbine-flip-sight-Quality-Hardware/223811026901?hash=item341c2d3fd5:g:qpQAAOSwy9ZeAL74#vi__app-cvip-panel

Edited by Jt22453 - Feb 21 2020 at 10:11am
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2020 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Lightning330 Lightning330 wrote:

Thanks Rcycles45 on input. Anymore out there that want to jump in also? Education is key here and not asking for your secrets, but 2nd and 3rd opinions are needed please.

I would trust in Rcycles45's input and stay away from that sight.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Jt22453 Jt22453 wrote:

They are hard to come by, especially specific makers, but if you are patient or are willing to shell out what a trusted seller asks you will be much more happy about your purchase. I got lucky on one and got one from a member here for more than I really wanted to spend but I did not want to play games with whether it was real or not. I have no doubt the sight I received is authentic. The one pictured is one that is produced with different markings but they all look about the same with similar characteristics and font. I am pretty new to carbines so I’m not an expert but I try and I’m getting better at recognizing problems. Here’s a link to a BQ flip I believe is real if it might help at all. Whether you are looking for an early or later QH flip also comes into play because they staked them different. https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-carbine-flip-sight-Quality-Hardware/223811026901?hash=item341c2d3fd5:g:qpQAAOSwy9ZeAL74#vi__app-cvip-panel

This one looks legit to me too, albeit refinished.
meljim1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meljim1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2020 at 10:10pm
WWW.RIVERBANKARMORY.COM ; ahs M1 Carbine and GARAND parts
QUALITY HARDWARE FLIP SIGHT coded GE-Q or BQ in stock.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by meljim1 meljim1 wrote:

WWW.RIVERBANKARMORY.COM ; ahs M1 Carbine and GARAND parts
QUALITY HARDWARE FLIP SIGHT coded GE-Q or BQ in stock.

Now that's a site to stay away from. Known repro parts & dishonesty.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2020 at 9:16am
I've learned that knowledgeable Carbine people will buy known fake parts and even from repop sellers like Riverbank because they can't tolerate waiting for the USGI part to come along or having a part missing from the Carbine.
Disclosure: There were 2 stated repop flips offered on CMP ($45 each? Maybe $75?) when I was pretty green I bought but it was years before I found a bad enough IP to place one of them on and had several by the time that crappy one was found. Funny thing about the IP was it came from Century Arms, had obvious craters on both side of the dovetail that someone repeatedly banged with a chisel to fake in some chisel staking that wouldn't fool anyone.

How does something like that sell through Century? Was it a return? The adjustable that was on it looked even more ridiculous with that butchering.

My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply