Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A.I. Bolt Marking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.I. Bolt Marking
    Posted: Jan 18 2020 at 8:58am
Anyone want to guess what those marks are to the right of the "I." on this T3 Inland bolt? Doesn't look like an accident to me.

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2020 at 11:22am
A.I. bolts have been observed with numbers 1, 2, 3 on them. It looks to be a number 2
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2020 at 11:23am
It's the number 2 with the top towards the bolt face or front. There is a picture of a near identical marking in CCNL 353, page 8.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by NewScotlander NewScotlander wrote:

It's the number 2 with the top towards the bolt face or front. There is a picture of a near identical marking in CCNL 353, page 8.

Well I’ll be darned....of course it’s a 2 flipped sideways. I never would have figured it out.

I purchased this on-the-cheap as an unmarked bolt, but noticed the punch-mark and determined it had to be USGI. When I cleaned it up, this is what I found. A complete Inland T3 including the internals.

Post Reply Post Reply