Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QHMC hammer with LT-Q inverted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QHMC hammer with LT-Q inverted
    Posted: Dec 20 2019 at 6:38pm
Hello: I have a good friend that pointed out an inverted or upside down LT-Q marking on a hammer.
I trust his word, but I am sure finding it hard to find one that is not inverted.
I understand the general rule that there are 20 fakes out there to every 1 original, but I just want to make sure that if it is inverted. It was not something that happened from time to time with the LT-Q mark on the hammer.
Then I must ask, too add to my learning eye of knowledge. How do you determine engraved or stamped on small parts like this. Tricks of the trade I assume.
Appreciate any input. My source is good and I do trust his judgement. But we all know it's better to get other opinions on any possibles. I hate to toss it as a fake until I know for sure. 
Thanks again.
Lightning 330
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2019 at 7:52pm
Post a picture. Don't think you have anything to worry about, sometimes markings are all over the place. Here are two that I have that are "upside down"

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Lightning330 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightning330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2019 at 9:09pm
Thanks for your pics. Not sure I can get a pic sent, but busted for sure. Mine is reproduction I'm sure. Otherwise it was glass beaded and refinished. Shame on them if so. But as said, many I looked at were inverted. I see 2 very small punch marks but that also can be an easy fake. 

Edited by New2brass - Dec 21 2019 at 8:53am
Lightning 330
 Post Reply Post Reply