Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland High-Wood value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland High-Wood value?
    Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 7:31am
This Inland T2 high-wood fell in my lap recently and I'd like to place a value on it. The stock is very solid with no cracks but has seen some serious action. Couple of gouges and a very old well-worn chip in the butt...no rebuild marks. Bubba did chip a splinter out of the escutcheon well, but it's all fixable. Likely a good stock that can be restored.

Anyone care to suggest a value for this stock as-is?

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 10:40am
How about the barrel band marks? Yours has lots of character. Here is one with no visible cartouche for comparison currently for sale at whatacountry.

https://whatacountry.com/m1-carbine-Inland-high-wood-stock-S577.aspx
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 11:42am
A little nicer one than both of those is on Bungroker now asking only 225 with a buy now of 275.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 1:09pm
Good info guys! I am posting some shots of the nose. It does have some slight band markings across the flats of the nose on top. I may go take another picture of the top, which I forgot to do, but it looks pretty good.

The first pix may look like an elongated gouge, but it's just crappy photography. It's more of a smudge.

Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

How about the barrel band marks? Yours has lots of character. Here is one with no visible cartouche for comparison currently for sale at whatacountry.

Mine may not look quite as well in some respects...few more dings, but mine is not cracked at all...anywhere.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 2:46pm
The cracked whatacountry one also hasn't sold for a price yet, but the uncracked GBroker one hasn't either.  Probably best thing is to do an advanced search on GB and ebay for sold ones then subtract the fees from that. Ebay fees, paypal fees and even ebay shipping fee equate to 14% of the price of a sale. GB is much less.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 2:16pm
Well....I have $35 in this one, so I figure it wasn’t a bad investment.😁
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by floydthecat floydthecat wrote:

Well....I have $35 in this one, so I figure it wasn’t a bad investment.😁

Ya got that one for "The Right Price"! Good score.
 Post Reply Post Reply