The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello From East Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retirednsmilin308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello From East Texas
    Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 12:22am
Hello everyone.  I am new here, but not new to forums and especially gun forums.
I came here probably lie most to see if you gurus might be able to ID some cartouches on my carbine and a mysterious slot cut in its upper handguard.

I will make a separate thread on that subject, but for right now, hello.

I am a 100% disabled service-connected Navy veteran who moved out to these piney woods to live out the rest of my life in peace.

I wish everyone else the same.

Dave
Even smarter people learn from the mistakes of others.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 12:58am
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 7:43am
Welcome. I'm interested in seeing what people have to say about the hand guard slot. Yours seemed to be shifted from others I've noticed, but the infrared version wasn't really something I took much interest in.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Retirednsmilin308 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retirednsmilin308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2019 at 1:20am
Originally posted by tenOCEE tenOCEE wrote:

Welcome. I'm interested in seeing what people have to say about the hand guard slot. Yours seemed to be shifted from others I've noticed, but the infrared version wasn't really something I took much interest in.

Well, it seems my efforts on this forum have been wasted effort in the fact I can not post pics here as this system only allows super tiny pics of only 500k or less.

I have had no problem posting the pics everywhere else, but here.

What a disappointment.  I thought for sure this would be the place I would get the most informed answers, yet they only allow teeny tiny pics to be posted.
Even smarter people learn from the mistakes of others.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2019 at 9:03am
JackP
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Retirednsmilin308 Retirednsmilin308 wrote:

Well, it seems my efforts on this forum have been wasted effort in the fact I can not post pics here as this system only allows super tiny pics of only 500k or less.

I have had no problem posting the pics everywhere else, but here.

What a disappointment.  I thought for sure this would be the place I would get the most informed answers, yet they only allow teeny tiny pics to be posted.

David, I am very sorry that you feel this way. 
If you look at your other thread you will see that some took the time to find your pictures on other websites and post them for you.

As to your belief that only tiny pictures can be posted is in error. Large 2 MB pictures waist bandwidth, which costs money. The picture usually gets put into the data base and the and is displayed resized.

Notice we have no advertisement nor do we solicit money. 

The pictures on the other site shows this one at only 92 kb, well under the 500 mb size limit. 

Here is the picture cropped and only half the file size

Now imagine if cropped the 2 MB to the marking in question, You would have a reasonable size file that would be large with great detail and still be able to post.
Here is a size example, obviously not clear as we started with a resized picture from the other site.

Post Reply Post Reply