Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Inland Carbine models

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Inland Carbine models
    Posted: Oct 09 2019 at 7:22pm
What has happened at Inland, all of the sudden their prices have gone way up and their product line greatly expanded. Here is a link to my local Sportsmen's Warehouse showing the new models and new prices, anybody with any information?
If it's the same Inland we already know, then they must have greatly upgraded their processes and quality to justify those prices.

https://www.sportsmans.com/search/?text=30+carbine
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2019 at 7:37pm
A marketing gimmick...maybe?

If you see a new Mercedes on a car lot for $30,000 and all the other like-models are $45,000, the average person might shy away from the cheap car and buy the higher priced one. Surely... those $45,000 cars must be better, right?

Inland has had some teething pains and maybe outgrew them, I don’t know. I do think that most anybody that knows much about M1 Carbines would rather invest in a GI collector grade as opposed to anybody’s commercial example priced about the same.
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2019 at 9:12pm
They would have to manufacture a gun similar in quality to Fulton's and Fulton has been in the game a long time, it's almost as if they where the 11 th manufacturer but started too late. I would be proud to own a Fulton, they many not have seen a war, but I can forgive them for that.

This new Inland company has me wondering, they took the most recognizable carbine manufacturer's name, that in itself is almost a sin, then used it  to manufacture what to me is a substandard carbine, in fact when I got to look at one up close it almost looked like a toy.

Could they have changed enough to justify these new prices, maybe they want to match the gun to the name, that would be nice if they could at lest matched the original Inland?
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2019 at 11:42pm
It pays to shop around a bit.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/search.php/type/Firearms/caliber/10000629-30+Carbine

The fella running the current day company using the brand name "Inland Mfg" is top notch in marketing. Their standards for product quality control, performance, and reliability are determined by the lowest possible overhead for the highest possible profit. Pushing the envelope to see how far it can go.

I think they rely on people buying the name and gimmicks for warm fuzzy feelings with only occasional plinking. It must be working for them or they wouldn't have survived the few years they have been around. Their receiver and most of their parts are made by the same suppliers used by Auto Ordnance.

AO has caught on finally and expanded their product variations along with make their carbines more attractive by using a dark walnut finish on their stocks. They had been using some cheap light wood finish prior. Underneath the pretty finish is the same quality carbine they have been making for years.

All depends on how much money someone has to spend and what they want the carbine for.

One fella here wanted the Inland name so much he bought their carbine then sent off to a well known gunsmithing outfit to make it reliable. It cost him but he got what he wanted.

I haven't bought another Inland lately as my focus has been on the infrared research/project. But the m.o. behind the motives for making their carbines have not changed so I doubt "Inland" has done anything more than the bare minimums as far as any improvement in quality. Just more gimmicks. But it must be working for them.

Jim

Post Reply Post Reply