The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Range Report - 1943 Inland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Range Report - 1943 Inland
    Posted: Aug 05 2019 at 1:25pm
I took my recently purchased carbine to a local outdoor range today.  This is the Inland I bought back in early June and had some work done to the barrel (re-crowned) and staking the rear sight.  

I spent about an hour at the range and fired about 90 rounds.  Had one "failure to load" due to a bad crimp between the bullet and the shell casing.  I spent most of the time "zeroing in" the rear sight; I was shooting from the prone position at the 100 yd. range.

My last two magazines are about as good as this old jarhead is going to get with a 75 year old weapon. Wink

Semper Fi, Bruce
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2019 at 2:23pm
Nice looking carbine. Certainly looks like it will get the job done.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2019 at 10:33pm
Good shooting! You are a better shot than me.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 7:32am
Thanks Guys.

Donnie - somedays I get lucky!

It always amazes me that after all the years, these carbines can still perform like this.  A true testament to their design and the standards to which they were built...truly amazing!

Semper Fi, Bruce
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 10:40am
Looking Good!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 10:49am
Here you go, Bruce.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Here you go, Bruce.

Thanks Wayne, but I am not that worthy! Embarrassed

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply