Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C Tip Sling Markings Spotters Report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 10:24am
Well we know they were interested in mold and fungus prevention in the early 40's, if not sooner.

Here is a small article we did 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2019 at 5:56pm
One of our members reported that a MFP sling was on M1a1 at the Rock Island Auction this weekend.

Sling appears to be a correct early C-tip. 
Unfortunately, we missed the opportunity to ask for some pictures of the hardware.

Good reporting! and we ask all members to keep an eye out and report findings
rickplayer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2019 at 12:08am

I just bought this on eBay. Im looking forward to inspecting it further.
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2019 at 6:29am
@rickplayer was it from whatacountry ?
Any other markings?
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2019 at 10:09am
It has not arrived yet. I will post pics. It was from Sharps_armory?
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2019 at 3:13pm
The sling showed up. It is a near mint late war dark green sing. There are no other marks. Would you like to see any other pictures?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2019 at 7:53pm
by all means post, sometimes a picture may show something we missed
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2019 at 9:55pm

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2019 at 9:59pm

Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2023 at 5:43pm
I just received a sling today that is marked MFP. It is a C-Tip and is the lighter OD3 
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2023 at 9:52pm
Has the MFP process stiffened the webbing in any way? I ask because I have a 30 round carbine magazine pouch dated 1949 that does not have an MFP stamping, but is stiff where some kind of treatment was done to it. It's not marked MRT either.
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2023 at 9:57pm
My sling is every bid as pliable as any of my other C-tip slings. It’s also khaki (OD3) and doesn’t appear any darker than any other OD3 stuff I have. I would this that anything being applied to the fabric would darken it 
carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2023 at 6:53am
Those 1949 dated 30rd mag pouches are unique in the level of heavy saturation they got in whatever they were dipped in. Every one I’ve handled has been like that.

Regarding “MFP”, I think that terminology started earlier (1945) and later changed to the more common MRT that I’ve seen with dates as early as 1948.

Carbine cleaning kit cases are frequently encountered with the markings shown below. 

Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2023 at 1:50pm
Thanks for the reply carbine kid, yes it's the only one I've seen like that I have a 1950 and a 1951 example that aren't like that at all. I'd have to check my notes on who it came from but I've had it a long time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12