Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Hampton Va Summer Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Hampton Va Summer Show
    Posted: Jul 12 2019 at 6:01pm
Two member of the CCC will be at the Hampton show this Saturday bright and early-ish. Lots of interesting stuff to see and share with other members. Highlights include: Late UW, Late Winch, UW E code, mistamped IBM AO and more...

If other members are attending, shoot me a PM. In lieu of a PM, we'll be near the food court. Just look around, we should be easy to spot. Hope to see you there.

Show report to follow.

Dave Tennent View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tennent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2019 at 7:53pm
I'm all in! Hope we draw a crowd when we sit down for some carbine show-and-tell
Dave
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2019 at 8:43pm
Good times today at the show. Not much to report on show wise. Mostly mixmasters, but a nice late Inland 1-45 barrel shooter fairly priced though we did not check the ME. We did find a strange 3 million Inland. No flip (type 2 adjustable), type 1 band. It had a beautiful S'G' marked stock and the cartouche was a spot on match. RSG in sling well. Handguard looked out of place. Way over priced, but the stock was right as rain.

Not many pictures, but below is what we brought to take apart. The accessories are Dave's handy work. He makes M1 Carbine gun socks complete with gold, black or in the white (coming soon) markings. A tag is also included on each to fill in the Manufacturer, Name on Receiver and S/N. The drawstring is held in place by a hollowed out carbine casing and bullet. Press in the bullet, tighten and let go. The two gun socks on top are Dave's. I bought the unfurled one plus four loose holders perfect for hoodies.

From top
UW 6.18 (DaveT)
UW E 255 (me)
NPM 1.45 (me)
Winch 5.66 (DaveT)

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2019 at 11:51am
Nice looking rifles!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2019 at 4:49pm

Thanks.

Kudos to my carbine cohort for making the drive. It helps to be retired, cough, cough, when everyday is Saturday.

We didn't get a chance to go through all of them, but did take three of them apart (the 6 million UW, Winch and NPM). Ran out of time on the E code, but we had previously compared datasheets and they are relatively similar, save the obvious differences described in CCNL 375. Before we knew it, it was almost closing time, we were outta gas and decided to actually walk around and check out what the show had to offer.

Almost forgot about the great looking 5 million M2 Inland registered receiver. Despite numerous conversations, I'm still not clear on the ins and outs of M2's. All I know is they are expensive.

Our hope is that other club members can join us at future shows, but we understand the difficulties of location, timing, travel, etc. We are by no means experts. We'll reserve that title for Marcus, Chris, Marty, J.B., Larry and to many others to list by name.

Bring your mixmasters, your from-the-factory originals, your restored carbines yearning to be taken apart. Or just bring yourself. It's a chance to meet others, exchange information, purchase beef jerky, pickles, jewelry, firearms not made of wood (not that there is anything wrong with that), sit in the dark waiting for the lights to come back on or occasionally find a carbine for sale.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2019 at 7:37am
Sounds like you guys had a great day of fun.  One of these shows I am going to make it there; unfortunately "life" keeps getting in my way! Wink

Semper Fi, Bruce
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2019 at 8:27am
No worries. Richmond is right around the corner. Hopefully the temperatures have cooled off by then.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2019 at 9:07pm
I've seen the gun sock and bullet things mentioned in another post, but can't locate it. Any closer pictures or available options. Forgot to take close up pictures of the stuff when we met. I'm putting the bullets on hoodies and tennis shoes. If I stack enough of em on a hoodie, I'll have a stripper clip.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2019 at 8:46am
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2019 at 9:17am
Yup, that is it. Thanks Wayne. Don’t see a pic of packaging though. 

On another note, the M2 I saw had a type 2 band on it. I have no experience with MG’s. Wouldn’t a bayonet lug be better stability wise? Has anyone ever shot one?
 Post Reply Post Reply