Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stock marking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wthipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stock marking
    Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 12:18am
Anyone know what marks in photo mean?
wthipp
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 4:29am
Greetings and welcome to the club.

Information on carbines provided to the Italians as part of the Military Assistance Programs can be found here:

A picture of a solider holding one can be found here:

Another example of an Italian marked carbine can be found here:

BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 8:11am
Ciao!

I had the same question when I purchased my Inland carbine last month.  You should also have a mark in the top of the barrel just forward of where the barrel meets the receiver.  See the 2nd picture below.

The finish on my Italian stock is worn and dull, and does not match the nice finish on my other carbines.  I have decided I am going to strip it down and refinish it to get it looking good.

The crown on my Italian Inland was badly worn and pitted.  We have a guy here locally that is a retired US Army Master Armor.  He re-crowned it for me and also re-set and aligned the rear sight.  My plan is to make this Inland my range weapon and shooter.  David (the Armor) checked the headspace and gave the carbine a through check (including test firing) while he had it.  He says it's a good accurate shooter.

Anyway, enjoy your new carbine!

Semper Fi, Bruce
wthipp View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wthipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 11:42am
Great response. I learned a lot. Thank you all.
wthipp
 Post Reply Post Reply