The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walmsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new member
    Posted: Jun 02 2019 at 12:09pm
I would like to do an introduction if this is the way to go about it! I was approved for Membership in The Carbine Collectors Club Yesterday. I purchased the Universal M-1 Carbine .30 cal on Saturday and became interested in the club as I tried to gain an understanding of the Carbine I just purchased. I'm still trying to find out the manufacturing date based on my serial number 462583. The rifle came with the original box, warranty, Accessory Catalog, and Operation Manual.                                                           My personal background : I served in the USCG from 1966-1970 Active duty and Two years reserve duty. I just retired as President and CEO of a two Hospital System in Philadelphia and I'm currently running a Durable Medical Equipment in Malvern, Pa. I have 7 children and 24 Grand Children. Glad to become a member and read up on the M-1. I hope this is how it's done for introductions. George Walmsley 
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2019 at 1:59pm
Welcome!

You can go to the top of the page and click on the carbine banner. It will take you to web pages where you can read about your carbine. Navigate by clicking the Commercial Carbines box in the menu then Carbines and Companies then the Universal cartridge case.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2019 at 2:08pm
Welcome to the forum, George. There are a few Universal Carbine experts on this forum that can answer any questions that you may have about your carbine. As floydthecat suggested there is a lot of info on Universals in the commercial carbine section off of the main club page.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2019 at 5:38am
Good mornin' George and welcome to the forum.  This is a great forum due to all the great folks on here.  Also, thank you for your service.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2019 at 6:49am
Welcome Aboard George!

You are in the right place to learn all about your carbine.

Semper Fi, Bruce
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2019 at 7:43am
George, welcome to the forum! I am a new carbine aficionado and a retired hospital CEO as well. This forum is a friendly and great place to learn. Enjoy your journey. 
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2019 at 11:55am
Hi George and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

Judging from the serial number, your carbine is of a later design and probably made in the early 1980's. The good news is that it was manufactured after a "dark" period in Universal's history when the quality of their product was questionable. Read about it here.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal2.html

Hopefully your carbine won't have any of the problems mentioned on these pages. My Universal was one of the "failures" noted in the above web pages so I can show you exactly what to look for if you wish.

Please post pictures of your carbine if possible.    
JackP
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2019 at 8:48pm
Welcome to the forum from SeVA.
 Post Reply Post Reply