The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From Florida

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BetsyMePoocho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member From Florida
    Posted: May 26 2019 at 8:48am

Hey Folks,

This is my first post on this forum.  I must say that after reading several informative posts I was happy to join.  I have ‘browsed’ around in several other gun forums and found them ‘kind’ of disappointing.  I am happy that I landed here and hope that I don’t embarrass myself often, as I am new to the M1 Carbine.

Recently my Dad gave me a M1 carbine that his grandfather used when he was serving in the military.  The gun is a 1943 IBM SN 3742019 with an Underwood barrel.  The appearance I conceder very good and it appears to have been refurbished at the Benicia armory.

I have owned and fired quite a few long guns in the past. I even qualified using the M1 Garand and M16 when I was in the Air Force.  But this is my first M1 Carbine.  I need to say it was love at first shot.  My wife is not intimidated whatsoever shooting it and enjoys going to the range now.  This is a good thing because it gets me plunking more often.  

So, now I’m climbing the ‘vertical’ learning curve on the M1 Carbine. Most all of you will probably forget more than I will ever learn about this gun.  It is obvious how the carbine can be so interesting to collect, decode the markings, and study the gun's history.  I think that I have been ‘bitten’ and will draw on the huge pool of information and knowledge that is shared on this forum.

Oh, please excuse me if I ask some ‘wacky’ questions…

Everyday I Strive To Be The Person My Dog Thinks I am......
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 8:52am
Welcome from the Blue Ridge Pkwy.
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 9:15am
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!
JackP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 10:07am
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Glen in Fla View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen in Fla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 10:08am
Well Hi and welcome from... Florida!
Enjoy your carbine, fair warning, they're habit forming...

Glen in (Martin County) Fla
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 5:12pm
Welcome Aboard!

There is no such thing as a "whacky" question.  Bring it on; some of the world's M1 Carbine experts are active on this forum.

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image