The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquibLoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Iowa
    Posted: May 04 2019 at 11:20pm
Hello from Iowa!
I’m a young guy just getting my feet wet in collecting, and
I recently purchased my first carbine and found this forum while doing some research on it. Reading through some of the posts I can already tell that there is a wealth of knowledge here, and I want to thank you all for having me. I will create a separate thread with some (substandard) pictures of my Winchester carbine. (Don’t get too excited, it isn’t half as nice as some of the pictures I have seen floating around here!)
Take care,
S
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 11:25pm
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Winchester.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
SquibLoad View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquibLoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Winchester.
Just got them posted. Sorry about the quality, I am still running an old flip phone and it doesn’t have the greatest camera!
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 6:39am
Welcome to the forum.  Nice pics you posted. 
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 10:28pm
Howdy Squibload, we may have crossed paths at a time or 2 at the Boone G-show, we do know a few folks from Boone, I live in Fort Dodge, do have some carbine 'stuff' you may have an interest in, we'll try and do a contact. Cheers and welcome to the forum.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 2:58pm
Squibload, welcome to the forum and to the excitement of M1 30 carbine ownership. I am a novice and the folks on this forum have been most helpful. The links and old threads contain a wealth of information. Enjoy your journey.
SquibLoad View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquibLoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 3:53am
Originally posted by SWANEEDMB SWANEEDMB wrote:

Howdy Squibload, we may have crossed paths at a time or 2 at the Boone G-show, we do know a few folks from Boone, I live in Fort Dodge, do have some carbine 'stuff' you may have an interest in, we'll try and do a contact. Cheers and welcome to the forum.
I try to make that show every year. I do some RSO work at the indoor range here in town and we usually have a booth up there. Let me know when you want to get carbines out and maybe we can have a range day!
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 11:41am
I have 5 carbines and have not fired any, have a hard time just getting out. Have heard of the range there in Boone. You ever get to Ft Dodge we can chat. Will send you a PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image