Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my first carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my first carbine
    Posted: May 04 2019 at 10:28pm
Well it has been a month in the making, but I have learned a lot and it has been fun. I have Plainsfield mfg some time between 1963 and 1968. I twas in pretty sad shape. It would only occasionally fire more than a couple of rounds before having a failure to extract. I replaced most all of the springs, new extractor nub. ejector and operating spring. I de-carboned everywhere I could get to. Next weeks range trip will tell the tale. I also stripped, sanded and refinished the stock. Whoever owned it stained it an awful yellowish color and then put polyurethane on it. I took it all off and stained it with Jacobean on the forend grip space and stock grip area and dark walnut on the rest of the stock. I think it looks much better. I hope to get many years of good service out of it. I will mainly shoot range with it and hopefully if I can mount a period scope, maybe a hot load of 100 grain, some squeakers next spring. In Washington we are allowed to dear hunt with a carbine and I hope I can bring one down with it. I am going to try to post one picture of it here too. 
THE oldfart69
 Post Reply Post Reply