Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB , commerical M1...Lodi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB , commerical M1...Lodi
    Posted: May 03 2019 at 3:41pm
Hello all , 1st post here...very nice site , spend a lot of time on Cal-Guns (same screen name)

looking to buy a plinker M1 Carbine , commercial is fine , I can get a AO/Kahr at turner's for &788.00 + fee's , so something less then that would be great , unless someone has a USGI for a great price (not likely) ....please PM me

Chuck

Semper Fi.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2019 at 6:46pm
I might have what you are looking for. One full of USGI parts and completely compatible with all USGI parts. I would steer clear of most commercial carbines on the market today.

I will PM you.
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 7:56am
$788 + for a box of trouble! IMHO
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 4:59pm
I had a nice offer from a member here.... looks like a great shooter , just what I was looking for ...BUT...by the time I pay the import(FFL dealer) fee's (100.00) and the DROS and tax.... I'm about where a USGI one would cost from my local dealer.

Thanks for all the input , I'm am looking forward to learning much more about the M1's here.

If anyone is in the Stockton / Sacramento area that wants to sell a M1 Carbine , please PM me.

Semper Fi.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 6:58pm
I tried and finally succeeded in selling a gun into California once. That was the first and last time.

From what I read, even commercial carbine prices are creeping up to the "good GI shooter" area. I think it depends on what part of the country you live in. The paradox among some of us is that we don't want to burn-down a cherished USGI carbine and some of us have commercial shooters for play. If one seeks-out a commercial shooter that is reliable, there are many more don't's than do's. Most EARLY examples like the Plainfield, Iver Johnson, very early Universals and a few others are practically 100% compatible with USGI components. That'd be the ones I'd be looking for and in many places, can still be had for decent prices. The Universals wore forged steel receivers. Most others were cast. Junk can be had in everything...even USGI carbines. I've seen the re-welds, those with cracked/broken receiver legs, ruined dove-tails, shot-out barrels and chambers and lots of examples clearly misrepresented. Many of the USGI guns I have measured fall somewhere between a no-go and a field gauge....well used.

Good luck on your journey. There are lots of folks here that can help you navigate the mine-field.
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 3:52pm
^ Thanks for the help and info , I think I just got a nice USGI , and with the help of the above member...I seem to have been bitten by the M1 Bug !
I will post more info after I get the rifle , and with the help of "floydthecat" I'll get a spec sheet going...

oh....it's a QH M1 from about 1943 (?) pic's and info to follow.
Semper Fi.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 4:20pm
I think grunt did very well, but the package has yet to be cracked-open for a closer inspection. All the parts one can readily see appear to be correct for the gun. First block Quality Hardware.

There you have it...the bug-bite. Started-out looking for a plinker and may have wound up with a collector. Now he will have to find a plinker.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply