The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New guy from NJ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlennS87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy from NJ
    Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 10:23am
Hi all, I am looking forward to learn more about this iconic firearm. I am located in Monmouth County NJ near the Jersey Shore.

Glenn
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 10:28am
Glenn, welcome to the forum, you are definitely in the right spot for learning all about the M1 Carine. There is a wealth of knowledge within this forum as well as in the links off of the main club page.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 11:06am
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!
JackP
GlennS87 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlennS87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 11:36am
Thanks

Glenn
Missile Inspector View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile Inspector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 4:09pm
Welcome Glenn! You are in the best place to learn about the greatest little gun ever made! I don't post often enough but I sure do read a lot. I have only been here a couple months but have realized that we are among the best of the best people here! These guys are a wealth of knowledge.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2019 at 4:40pm
Welcome to the forum from the east coast!
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2019 at 6:48am
Welcome to the forum.  Do you have a carbine?
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2019 at 10:33am
Welcome to the forum, from Ontario, Canada!
Drill Sergeant View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drill Sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.  Do you have a carbine?

Hi Glenn,

Welcome! I am an escapee from NJ; born and reared in the Trenton/Hamilton area. Moved to AZ quite some time ago.

It is my understanding that the M1 Carbine remains explicitly prohibited from ownership in the Garden State. Too bad; it is a wonderful rifle to collect and especially to shoot. I am on the flip side of my collecting years, but will always own several. If you ever make it to AZ, even for a visit, leave me a PM and I'll get you out shooting.

Best!

ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2019 at 1:00pm
Hello Glenn,
Welcome aboard from the heartland!
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2019 at 1:56pm
Welcome Aboard Glenn!

Lived in Princeton for 10 years when I worked in Manhattan.  Back home in central Virginia now.

Anxious to hear about your carbine(s).
Semper Fi, Bruce
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2019 at 4:45pm
welcome to the forum! I recall running around Tom's River and Seaside Heights when I was stationed at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in NJ in the early 70s. I even shot a 30 carbine for the first time there. Enjoy your time here, you will learn a lot. I sure have learned much.
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2019 at 5:26pm
Glen,

Possession of an M1 Carbine can be quite expensive, but in NJ not at all in a fun way.

Your state's Supreme Court recently stripped Danny Burt of ALL gun rights because he possessed his grandpa's WW2 relic. Legal bills tend to be high and asset forfeiture only adds insult to injury.

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2015/a4797-13.html

Good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image