Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M2 Magazine Catch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2 Magazine Catch
    Posted: Apr 01 2019 at 9:44pm
A buddy of mine went to the Richmond Gun Show last Saturday.  He picked up a used M2 Mag Catch for me.  I have no idea if it is real or fake, although for $12 I suspect the latter.

He sent me a couple of pictures, but unfortunately they don't show the mark on the release button.  I am out of the country till this weekend, so I will not be able to post any additional photos until then.

I have a couple 30 round mags and I plan to install this M2 mag catch on my Rock-Ola so I can shoot with the 30 round magazines.

More to come.

Semper Fi, Bruce
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2019 at 5:56am
You could use the 30 round mags anyway. The revised catch was developed to provide additional support to secure the heavier magazine and prevent it from falling out.
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2019 at 6:48am
I am sure it is "real" as there is no need to fake a part that is plentiful and not that sought after. $12 would be the norm if not actually a high price for these, many of us ditch these for earlier mag releases for our GI carbines. I only shoot 15 round magazines and never kept any of these when they came on one of my carbines.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2019 at 9:06am
Good information gentlemen.  I was not aware that M2 mag catches are not rare.  

I do not plan to consistently shoot my 30 round mags; just occasionally.  I actually prefer the USGI 15 rounders when at the range. 

I’ll check for marks on the M2 catch when I return home. 

Semper Fi, Bruce
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2019 at 11:50am
My friend sent me a picture of the mark on the mag release latch. 

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply