The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new guy from texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 51dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new guy from texas
    Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 8:25am
just wanted to say hey and thanks for the membership.    I bought myself and inland a couple weeks ago after shooting one of my friends.    according to the serial numbers it was built around September 43.   ive been looking at proof marks to see how close to original it is. in the deal I got 20 -15 round mags all with maker marks, and 10- 30 round mags    several slings and a few oilers...     ive run about 50 rounds through it and it seems to be pretty accurate.   when I disassemble it to clean im going to loo for more stamps 
peter  
PK
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 8:57am
Welcome to the forum, interested in hearing more about the make-up of your Inland. You sure got a bunch of magazines in the deal, any markings on the 30 rd mags?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 10:18am
Hi Peter and welcome to the Carbine Collectors forum from Mew Mexico!

My first carbine was an Inland too. Also, you can never have too many magazines.
JackP
watchdog49 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchdog49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 12:38pm
Welcome to the forum dodge, I have a mixmaster Inland shooter that's a great range gun also....maybe you can post a few pics?
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2019 at 8:46am
Welcome to the forum. I’m also from TX - Conroe, to be exact. You’ll find a number of Texans on this forum as well as the CMP Forum site.
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
JimFhr View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimFhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by 51dodge 51dodge wrote:

. . . . .   I bought myself and inland a couple weeks ago after shooting one of my friends. . . . . . .

Wow!!

The Texas law on shooting friends is sure LAX!

Back here, in Connecticut, you wouldn’t be able to buy an Inland . . . or anything else . . . .after shooting friends!

Welcome anyhow!

Post Reply Post Reply