The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ejercito De Bolivia ammunition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ejercito De Bolivia ammunition
    Posted: Mar 17 2019 at 11:21am
Hi guys, looked at a bunch of carbines, parts, and ammo yesterday at a fun show.

I came across some Ejercito De Bolivia "Army Of Bolivia" 50rd boxes of carbine ammuntion that I had never seen before. No an English word on the box.   

50rds.   Brass cased. Made by Aguila.   I paid $15 a box, and regret not buying it all. Might go back and see if it's still there. Anyways, just wanted to share with the community.   

I know Che loved the Carbine, and was killed by men most likely using either a M1 Carbine or Garand in Bolivia. Bolivian Carbine history seems pretty rich. Then again what part of the planet didn't the Carbine touch.

ETA: Apprarently he was indeed killed using a M2 Carbine....per wikipedia:

"A few minutes later, Sergeant Terán entered the hut to shoot him, whereupon Guevara reportedly stood up and spoke to Terán what were his last words: "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward! You are only going to kill a man!" Terán hesitated, then pointed his self-loading M2 carbine[230]at Guevara and opened fire, hitting him in the arms and legs.[231] Then, as Guevara writhed on the ground, apparently biting one of his wrists to avoid crying out, Terán fired another burst, fatally wounding him in the chest. Guevara was pronounced dead at 1:10 pm local time according to Rodríguez.[231] In all, Guevara was shot nine times by Terán. This included five times in his legs, once in the right shoulder and arm, and once in the chest and throat.[225] "
Al Macasaet View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Macasaet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by LMTmonoMan LMTmonoMan wrote:

Hi guys, looked at a bunch of carbines, parts, and ammo yesterday at a fun show.

I came across some Ejercito De Bolivia "Army Of Bolivia" 50rd boxes of carbine ammuntion that I had never seen before. No an English word on the box.   

50rds.   Brass cased. Made by Aguila.   I paid $15 a box, and regret not buying it all. Might go back and see if it's still there. Anyways, just wanted to share with the community.   

How did the ammo work out for you?  Thanks
Al Macasaet
NRA Life Member
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2019 at 4:37pm
Hey Al, I never went back to the show the next day to grab more.

Once I try out the box I have though, I'll be happy to report back the results.
 Post Reply Post Reply