The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie from Tampa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie from Tampa
    Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 9:30pm
I've been collecting Milsurps for about a year. Of American iron, I own the IHC Garand, the 1917, and just bought an Inland Carbine. I'm looking for a 1903 and a Krag. I bought guns from several other countries, but my heart is with American guns. The Carbine's receiver is #694672, manufactured in the first Inland production batch. Guessing early 1943. The barrel is dated 8/43. I'd like to post several pictures of the gun to get expert opinions, but I can't figure out how to post multiple pictures. I would appreciate help with doing that. 
If you always do what you have always done, you'll always get what you always got.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 10:14pm
Welcome to the forum. Grew up in the Tampa Bay area, really miss the fishing! here is some info on picture posting, hope to see your Inland soon.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/pictures-tips-sizing-and-posting-avatars_topic1083.html
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 10:51pm
If you install a picture and it is blocking, just drag from corner out of way. Skip a line and insert next picture.
Repeat till done. The pictures will realign.

Other option is working with the bb codes.
Pay attention to the format and it becomes real easy
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2019 at 6:21am
Welcome to the forum.  I see you've been provided the link to picture posting.  Looking forward to seeing your carbine.  
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2019 at 10:24am
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

I've seen this before. Next you'll be searching for a Springfield Trap Door and then a Spencer and then a rolling block... Good luck on your collecting. I see an intervention in the future.
JackP
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2019 at 11:22am
The OP's Inland pictures are over on the Gunboard's forums.
 Post Reply Post Reply