Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curios and Relics License

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 9:03pm
Donnie/Wayne,

You guys are great encouragement!  Thanks Smile
Semper Fi, Bruce
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 4:35pm
I got my 03 C&R in 2018. Here in TX at least, no fingerprints required. Just sent a letter to the chief Law Enforcement Officer in my town and sent in the form. 30 days later: Voila! Tremendous time saver and like someone else mentioned, saves me money every time I buy something because there’s no FFL transfer fee.
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 7:42pm
There are some FFL 01 shops and others that will not transfer to a FFL03.
It is their decision and I am fine with that.

I guess they feel you are cutting in on their profit somehow.
I have one near me. Shame as I have not bought anything from that shop since.
I also weigh out sellers on GB that do not accept the C&R. I will skip their items most of the time.

Bottom line I believe we go through the same background check. It seems more and more it is certain people in the gun group that self regulates beyond federal law.
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 8:01pm
Agreed, Dan. Good points.
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 4:39am
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

I also weigh out sellers on GB that do not accept the C&R. I will skip their items most of the time.

I do that too.  If it doesn't say then I'll email them and ask.  Had one seller who wasn't very familiar with a C&R and rightfully so asked their FFL 01. They were told the gun had to be in it's original configuration and since it wasn't (seems like it had been through re-arsenal and/or upgraded with newer sights) they couldn't sell to a C&R. I just :) and told them thanks for checking on it.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

[QUOTE=New2brass] They were told the gun had to be in it's original configuration and since it wasn't (seems like it had been through re-arsenal and/or upgraded with newer sights) they couldn't sell to a C&R. I just :) and told them thanks for checking on it.

Ignorance on their part, by that definition any part swapped out would preclude it from being C&R eligible. 
There would be no C&R guns! 

It is funny how these businesses do not see that it only helps. If you have eager owners willing to buy an item then they have more sales. more sales turnaround increases the velocity of money.
Think embrace the repeat customer, if one invested the time to get a licence surely they plan on owning several
Then there are the ancillary sales as well as possible gunsmith services.

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 9:34am
Thought about starting a new topic but being related to C&R license I figured to keep all the questions/discussions together.  My renewal is coming up and I just received my Form 8.  The revision date in Nov 2017 and I'm thinking last time I had the old revision.  My primary question is with C.8 "Have you conducted or do you intend to conduct internet sales of firearms?  If yes, list websites from which you conduct your internet business."  I sent a question to ATF asking if "sales" is considered buying and selling, or only selling?  While I'm waiting for a reply, how are others answering this? And if you do sell, are you listing this forum as well as others such as CMP forums, etc?
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 9:45am
Not a lawyer, and I nolonger maintain my C&R license as I lost everything years ago in a tragic boating accident, but I would interpret the form's question literally.

The question does NOT ask whether your business uses/d the internet to PURCHASE firearms, only whether your business SELLS firearms on the internet.

That said, you should well note that a C&R license is not a license to conduct BUSINESS on the internet or elsewhere. So the question is, in reality, a "trick question".

Think about that and your answer should be obvious.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 9:49am
Since I have not and never will establish a website for buying or selling anything, I would answer, "no". Wink
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 9:57am
C.8- No
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 4:43pm
Agree with the above comments...NO.
Semper Fi, Bruce
jraulb View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jraulb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 8:55pm
in California, if you have a C&R, you can buy ammo by mail.  If you don't have one, you're SOL.
RaulB
1943 Inland
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2019 at 8:23pm
I used to be a cruffler too. I let mine lapse. It cost too much! Not the cost of the 003ffl though. It was all those firearms that kept arriving at the door. It didn't save me any money. In fact the money left at an accelerated rate! I never had a request by ATF to see my books. I doubt that many C&R holders do. Yes, it was worth it. And the discounts you get as an FFL holder are often not limited to the firearms, but most large sellers include ammo and accessories in their discount programs. 
definitely worth the investment...
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12