The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best barrel removal tool?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the best barrel removal tool?
    Posted: Feb 03 2019 at 10:57am
There was a good discussion of this some months back, but I have searched and searched and can't find. Would appreciate some member input. Thanks.
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2019 at 10:19pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2019 at 8:44am
Thank you Wayne.

Reed
USAF retired
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2019 at 9:22am
I just stumbled onto this one. Would appreciate you gunsmiths opinion. 
Right now, I'm leaning toward Brownells action wrench.
Thanks
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2019 at 9:22am
I forgot to post the link.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by colreed colreed wrote:

I just stumbled onto this one. Would appreciate you gunsmiths opinion. 
Right now, I'm leaning toward Brownells action wrench.
Thanks

Not a gunsmith and I do not own an action wrench yet. When I do buy one I will most likely go with the on from brownells. With that said, the tool in that ebay link looks like it is a high quality heavy duty tool, much better than some I have seen.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply