Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NOS M4 Bayonets & Scabbards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOS M4 Bayonets & Scabbards
    Posted: Dec 30 2018 at 1:03pm
For those interested I just got an email from Midway and they have New Old Stock M4 bayonets with M8A1 scabbards made in USA still in original packaging. Mfg. 1960's early 1970's with plastic grip, made at Stamford, CT - Conetta or Bren-Dan. Price they want is $75.00. Here's the link.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/808840/military-surplus-m4-bayonet-with-m8a1-scabbard-new-old-stock?utm_source=military-surplus&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=surplus-saturday
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2018 at 7:20pm
That's not a bad deal. Previously, they had Grade 1's for $~36 on clearance, and Grade 2's prior to that. Everything I received could be considered NOS, some light insertion marks on the blade from being taken in/out of the scabbard a couple of times. Those were a real bargain and I bought more than I should have but they were so nice I couldn't resist.

Note, all mine were Conetta's except for 1 Imperial. I didn't see any reports of a Brendan received.
WJH1958 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJH1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 12:51am
Hey Ron, i noticed your F4 combat crew - do you know if there is a location in the US where you can get a ride in the back seat of a restored F4 i've heard there was - i'm sure it's pricey but i would probably pay no matter.  Thanks,  Bill
WJH
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 4:56am
WJH1958   I'll PM you.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
Glen in Fla View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen in Fla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 4:41pm
Hi all
Yeah I got that Midway notice... I had to order one... just one though.
Considering the price of anything M1 Carbine related, that's a pretty good deal.

Re the backseat ride in a Phantom, when I did a few years as an enlisted puke in the USN, I worked on a flight line, unfortunately the aircraft that I was checked-out on and assigned to was the single-seat A-4 Skyhawk, so I never got to fly in it.
Long story short, I did get on "flight skins" so I could go on hops on other aircraft, JAFO, and had a good buddy who was an F-4 plane captain on another division on base, and he gave me an open invite for a back-seat ride, which I never did take him up on.
That's seriously one of my big life regrets.

Glen in Fla
luv those nasty-ass J-79s...
 Post Reply Post Reply