Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine Bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbine Bayonet
    Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 11:45am
My oldest son got me an bayonet for my birthday.  It fit's my Rock-Ola's bayonet lug just fine.

I am curious if anyone can tell me more about it.  Who made it, is it Italian, etc.   It has the mark A.E.T., what appears to be a crossed rifles ordinance mark and the year "1960".  Any information appreciated. 

Merry Christmas everyone!  

Semper Fi, Bruce
bonnie View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 12:53pm
Nice birthday present.
I can tell you it is Italian issued/made and with the correct scabbard.
Well made bayonet.
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 1:07pm
Here ya go brother, add your serial to the list.  These are great bayonets, and compare very favorably to the one I Conetta I have.

Congrats on the pointy thing, and happy b-day!

BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 1:39pm
Thanks for the quick replies!

Upon closer examination, the date is 1960, not 1950.  I will post my info and serial # to the link that LMTmonoMan posted above.

Semper Fi, Bruce
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2018 at 9:49pm
For those interested I just got an email from Midway and they have New Old Stock M4 bayonets with M8A1 scabbards made in USA still in original packaging. Mfg. 1960's early 1970's with plastic grip, made at Stamford, CT - Conetta or Bren-Dan. Price they want is $75.00. Here's the link.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/808840/military-surplus-m4-bayonet-with-m8a1-scabbard-new-old-stock?utm_source=military-surplus&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=surplus-saturday
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply