Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock Ola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 2:12pm
WJH1958,

I bought my first carbine (a early Rock-Ola) from one of the CMP auctions (see link).

They usually have one or two M1A1's on the auction block every week or so.  There is nothing right now, but I am sure that will change soon.  Keep checking the site, they will show up soon.

I like buying from the CMP because the carbine was checked and graded by CMP armors before the auction.  Still not 100% risk free, but a lot better odds than some other web-based venues.  The auction prices may trend a bit high, but it was worth it to me for the peace-of-mind knowing my Rock-Ola was the "real deal".

Good luck in your quest!

Semper Fi, Bruce
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2018 at 9:30pm
I used to live near Raleigh, NC and miss the fine car shows and Saturday night cruise-ins. OP, you Rockola story was fun to read and follow. Thanks for sharing.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

I used to live near Raleigh, NC and miss the fine car shows and Saturday night cruise-ins. OP, you Rockola story was fun to read and follow. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Donnie!  I had a fun couple days in Raleigh and look forward to my next trip down that way.

Happy New Year!
Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12