Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Armory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Armory
    Posted: Nov 16 2018 at 3:33pm
There is a section in the "Occupation Carbines" of this website called "The Armory".  It features pictures of various Carbines that remained in Germany and Austria after the war and earned the nickname "Bavarian" or "Occupation" carbines.

I would like to offer my Bavarian to be featured in "The Armory", but I am unsure of the protacol that I need to follow to have my carbine featured.  My Bavarian NPM has the marking "Bavarian Rural Police" on the receiver and the Upper Austrian Gendarmerie (rack# 0112) on the trigger guard.

Any advice is appreciated.

Semper Fi, Bruce
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2018 at 6:06pm
I am pleased that my NPM "Bavaria Rural Police" carbine is now featured in The Armory of Bavarian "Occupation Carbines".  My carbine was in service with the Austrian Gendarmerie in Upper Austria.

Today I finally completed the disassembly/reassembly of the Trigger Group.  I discovered several new marks on some of the components; the Trigger section of my Bavarian carbine's description will be updated to reflect the new information.  The only difficulty I had with the Trigger Group was reinstalling the hammer spring.  After numerous failed attempts, muttering a few "bad words" and watching the "norwich93CMP" video several times, I finally got the hammer spring into its proper position.

Semper Fi, Bruce
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BER911 BER911 wrote:

The only difficulty I had with the Trigger Group was reinstalling the hammer spring.  After numerous failed attempts, muttering a few "bad words" and watching the "norwich93CMP" video several times, I finally got the hammer spring into its proper position.

Bruce, I do have to admit that the hammer spring reassembly tends to kick my butt at times. Sometimes they go right back in place other times I cuss and cuss and cuss until it's compressed enough to put in place.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2018 at 7:51pm
That's cool brother, and I guess that it was vetted by the experts on here prior to being put up?

That says quite a bit if so about how nice of an example you have of a Bavarian. As I think I said in your thread about it....I love their unique finish they have on many like yours.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2018 at 8:18pm
Bruce, congrats on your additional to the armory. Great pictures!
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Bruce, congrats on your additional to the armory. Great pictures!

Thanks!  Jim and I have worked very closely on getting the data and pictures as correct as possible.  Jim definitely knows a lot about these weapons and it is an honor to have my carbine featured in "The Armory". Smile  I have learned a lot from this experience. 

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply