The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardknocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another New Guy
    Posted: Sep 30 2018 at 4:43pm
Hi All
Came here to learn about the carbine.
Held one recently now I need one.
But I been lurking and it seems a little tricky to get a fair deal with limited carbine experience.
So I hope to learn the easy way, which goes against my forum name. ;^)
Regards
Mike
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2018 at 6:14pm
Welcome aboard Mike!

You have come to the right place; the guys here are a treasure trove of knowledge and will gladly help you.  I have only been here a couple of months and already feel much more confident and knowledgable.

Good luck in your search.  I bought my first carbine at a CMP auction; not the cheapest price, but it was honestly represented and fully operational...I am very pleased with it.

Keep us posted on your search.

Semper Fi, Bruce
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2018 at 6:18pm
Mike, welcome to the forum. As Bruce said you have come to the right place to learn about Carbines. If you have not already, I suggest you read this old thread started by Why Carbines? Loaded with good 1st time buyer info.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/buying-your-first-carbine_topic1301_page1.html?KW=buying+your+first+carbine
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2018 at 7:42pm
Welcome Mike. Lots to learn and lots of resources to help in that process. Enjoy!
Hardknocks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hardknocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2018 at 7:43pm
Lots if info and a little unsettling for me.
I have more than a couple older handguns but they are straightforward for the most part.
I know a guy that has a bunch of the M1 carbines I better talk with him. He is an aquantince.
Thanks
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image