Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock Marks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 10:52am
The Ordnance stamp is Inland as well as the stamps in the sling well show an Inland used stock.  RMC/I
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 4:04pm
Bubba,

So, does that mean the stock was made by Rock-Ola for Inland?

Thanks.
Semper Fi, Bruce
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by BER911 BER911 wrote:

So, does that mean the stock was made by Rock-Ola for Inland?

Bruce, not that it was actually made for Inland, rather it was a RMC stock that was transferred to Inland. I believe that Rock-ola transferred 10,000 + stocks and handgaurds to inland in 1943.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2018 at 10:21pm
Got it.  Thanks Wayne.

Semper Fi, Bruce
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Bubba-7 Bubba-7 wrote:

The Ordnance stamp is Inland as well as the stamps in the sling well show an Inland used stock.  RMC/I

Good catch. Missed it in the pictures. I had a stock transfered to Inland as it had an I in the sling well. It wasn't Rock-Ola though. Can't remember for sure as I sold it, Maybe Underwood? Think I sold it to someone here, but can't remember the buyer either. The only thing I can remember is it was an oval cut.
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2018 at 10:23am
I once had a RMC/I stock with I-cut. I think some where in the old club newsletters these were talked about as being found on some Inlands in the 2,9 serial area. I am not sure if I still have it or not. I always tried to keep stocks with odd markings. I remember thinking about buying a 2,9 I saw at a show just because I had the stock. I think I passed on it to wait for a better one.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2018 at 12:13pm
For reference, here is a late Winch stock showing the W marking. I do not know if the mark changed over time. Also, I do. It know if the other marks in the sling well are significant or not.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12