The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake City Ammo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake City Ammo
    Posted: Sep 06 2018 at 10:35am
Can anyone date this unopened box of LC ammo: https://imgur.com/a/DAEaM1B
Thanks
Retired Army Guy
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2018 at 9:28pm
If that ammo is legit then I say around 1968. I have never seen a box of lake city ammo sealed like that but I am not an ammo expert, the writing on top also looks odd to me. Here is some that is close to your lot #

https://www.ammogarand.com/30-carbine-50rd-boxs-lc-6.html

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Uncle Mike View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2018 at 10:45am
Hi, My Lake City is similar but not the same. If you want to know your date of Mfg. look at the head stamp on the case. My boxes are easily opened and are not sealed. My box says" Lake City Army Ammunition Plant" I will post a picture when I'm able. Yours could be older mine is from the 70's and I got it from the CMP, regards, Mike
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2018 at 11:56am
Hi, here's a picture; sorry for the poor quality, regards, Mike

old59porsche View Drop Down
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2018 at 2:31pm
My box is sealed and shaped like the WWII boxes (tapered, like the cartridges within, with case head down).
Since I don't want to open the box I can't see the marking on the headstamp, dah.
Retired Army Guy
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2018 at 10:51pm
dah, I mean Hi, I don't see any other way of finding out the date, regards, Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply