Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock markings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock markings
    Posted: Aug 25 2018 at 11:48pm
Picked up a few dozen stocks from an advanced collectors attic - these have been stored there for better than 25 years. Some of them I have not had any first hand experience with (very early type 1's and type 2's with varying mfg and cartouches). Who wants to help me authenticate the cartouches and markings, and cull any that are questionable?

LOL
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2018 at 4:26am
Click the pic at the top of this page then I'd love to see them .
Fly Fishing boat Capt Port Canaveral..FFF / CCI
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2018 at 8:12am
I have been looking for a very early Inland I-Cut High Wood Stock that was used on Inland carbines up until about Serial # 30,000.

The following markings appear in the sling well:

The slingwell is marked as follows: "O", Flaming Bomb, and Ordnance Crossed Cannons. Optional markings might include the letters "LA”

There will NOT be any cartouche on the right hand side of the stock.

See the link for photos for an example (Drawings) of the slingwell markings I am looking for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b44o657feh97lmf/Drawing_O_CC-OrdBmb_LA.JPG?dl=0
(Link updated)

If you have a stock like this and would be interested in selling it, please PM me or reach out to me through email at jiffycop@gmail.com

Thanks
zenfly View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Nevinator Nevinator wrote:

I have been looking for a very early Inland I-Cut High Wood Stock that was used on Inland carbines up until about Serial # 30,000.

The following markings appear in the sling well:

The slingwell is marked as follows: "O", Flaming Bomb, and Ordnance Crossed Cannons. Optional markings might include the letters "LA”

There will NOT be any cartouche on the right hand side of the stock.

See the link for photos for an example (Drawings) of the slingwell markings I am looking for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzghnmb1nn...rdBmb.JPG?dl=0

OR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b44o657feh...mb_LA.JPG?dl=0

If you have a stock like this and would be interested in selling it, please PM me or reach out to me through email at jiffycop@gmail.com

Thanks
When I click the links i get...
"404
We can’t find what you’re looking for."
Fly Fishing boat Capt Port Canaveral..FFF / CCI
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2018 at 8:45am
Sorry, not sure why the link doesn’t work. Tested it before I posted. Try this one...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b44o657feh97lmf/Drawing_O_CC-OrdBmb_LA.JPG?dl=0

Post Reply Post Reply