The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OCGA 2011 - Inland & Dayton Deliver Victory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Contacted a carpenter friend and have some ideas for building a display. Will take some time to figure out how to make it work and then get something built.

OGCA is a members only show. One must be invited. Figure I'll need to have all the things ready before figuring out that part. Not enough hours in the day...

m1a1fan,

I'm fairly certain I can get you an invitation.

I could also sponsor you as a member, and then you could make an entry in the annual display show. The next one is in May, so it's probably too late for that, but maybe next year?

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2019 at 6:05pm
Thanks David. As you noted, it will be a while escpecially since my designer is busy with retirement. Will reach out when the time comes. That is one show I've always wanted to go to. Not sure if it is because I know there is great stuff there (which I'm know there is) or if it is because I can't get in.

Only thing I can say for sure is it will be near impossible to measure up to PBI's display. I watched the Inland video and thought it was fanstastic. Even freeze framed the carbine parts where a trigger housing was shown. Interestingly, it looked finished, but the rear lug was not.
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Thanks David. As you noted, it will be a while escpecially since my designer is busy with retirement. Will reach out when the time comes. That is one show I've always wanted to go to. Not sure if it is because I know there is great stuff there (which I'm know there is) or if it is because I can't get in.

Only thing I can say for sure is it will be near impossible to measure up to PBI's display. I watched the Inland video and thought it was fanstastic. Even freeze framed the carbine parts where a trigger housing was shown. Interestingly, it looked finished, but the rear lug was not.

Just let me know when you're ready. I will be happy to get you in the door.

I would not worry too much about trying to measure up to a previous display. No matter what, an M1 Carbine display will be appreciated by many.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
PBICarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2020 at 4:40pm
It is with a SAD heart this announcement is being made. I learned this morning that collector and great friend old59porshe passed away on Oct. 7, 2020. Fred was a great person who served his country and enjoyed the hobby of collecting the M1 Carbine. It was always a pleasure to see him at the National M1 Carbine display I held in Birmingham Alabama. Fred you will never be forgotten by the Carbine crew of Thomas, Ken, Charlie, Kenny, Cooper and myself. RIP my friend until we reunite one day.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2020 at 5:26pm
Dang, I liked the dude.
God bless, sir.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2020 at 5:36pm
If Paul is still around, I think he would be pleased to know I still have that AO/IBM lineout NPM receiver that he sold me. Only these days, it is a complete carbine with correct parts. It isn't what I would call a restoration because I made no effort to make it look like it was all original, just "correct".

BTW, I've been an OGCA member for over 25 years and I remember that display very well.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2022 at 6:45pm
HELLO
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2022 at 5:54pm
What's up Paul?

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2022 at 6:26pm
Not much your collection in your post looks good have you found anything interesting lately? 
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2022 at 10:00pm
I recently picked up an early 44 Winchester in near perfect condition. I was shocked to see how nice it was. I'm sure it was a closet queen for many years. The stock markings are solid and correct, none of the fake markings we so often see on too good to be true carbines. One of the old time collectors from my club had it and decided to part with it. Needless to say, it has a place of honor in my collection now. And I'm still collecting M3 trench knives and M4 bayonets to go with them.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12