The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiocchi .30 Carbine FMJ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiocchi .30 Carbine FMJ
    Posted: Aug 07 2018 at 3:46pm
Any experience with the Fiocchi ammo?  If my math is right, with shipping its about $0.33 a round for 500 rounds.  

http://www.sgammo.com/product/fiocchi-ammo-sale/500-round-case-30-carbine-110-grain-fmj-ammo-fiocchi-30m1ca
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2018 at 5:54pm
Palmetto State Armory has this stuff for $17.99 a box with a free ship on 20 boxes or more. That's about 36-cents a round if you get 20-boxes and free ship. I just buddy-up with a friend when I purchase from PSA and get the free ship. Your deal may be a little better...this is only another option.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2018 at 5:17am
Thanks.  How does it shoot?   
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2018 at 11:24am
I have a safe full of carbine ammo, mostly reloads. I have shot this stuff. It cycles the carbines just fine and is reasonably accurate for my shooting skills, coffee cans at 25-yards.Big smile
I purchase carbine ammo where I find it for the best price and not so much by brand name, or for match-shooting. If it gets my gun dirty....so-be-it. I have to clean them anyway. I never pay any attention to that.

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by floydthecat floydthecat wrote:

coffee cans at 25-yards.
I would be happy with that.
Thanks for the feedback.
 Post Reply Post Reply