The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland Carbine info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlvcarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland Carbine info
    Posted: Jul 19 2018 at 10:31pm
Info plz, ie, when manufactured/value, etc
Inland Carbine, 6 digit serial #, no bayonet lug, round bolt, stamp on right side of stock which appears to be crossed cannons, stamped letter "P" on under side of stock near trigger housing, canvas strap which appears original, adj sights. Over condition appears good, no dings/scrapes.
Appreciate any info. Can also contact me at   avet1947@aol.com 
DC Love
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2018 at 2:07pm
very difficult to say without pictures.
Serial range would help as first block was a million carbines.
Does it have an inland dated barrel? If not serial range we can see what daye and barrel expected.

Adjustable sight and round bolt suggest it is not original  but it could be field replacement. Would need to sum up other parts like the hammer.

Look in slingwell for makers mark. That combined with a picture of crossed cannons would tell if correct for serial.

Sorry no easy answers.

Welcome to the forums!
nlvcarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlvcarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2018 at 2:42pm
Thanks for the info. Ser# is 987022. You mentioned Inland barrel. Where might that stamp be? Mean time I'll ck the other items you mentioned.
Thanks again
DC Love
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2018 at 2:53pm
Most barrels are marked just behind front sight. If nothing there look a few inches back for marks

Also check the flat on barrel. May have to move slide to see marks
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlvcarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2018 at 2:45pm
underside of barrel, near front sight, has letters that appears to be--AHL or ARL  ORD (I think) then Arlington VA
Top of barrel near front sight, letters"I.B.M.CC FF.
Markings almost inadvisable to these old eysOuch Sunlight and magnifying glass was much betterBig smile
Next I'll break in down and let ya know what I find. And I hope to learn how to get a pic on this sight for ya.
Take care
DC Love
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2018 at 3:16pm
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2018 at 3:29pm
Hi and welcome to the Carbine Collectors forum from New Mexico!

The letters on the top of the barrel are "I.B.M CORP", the manufacturer of the barrel. The letters on the underside are for Arlington Ordnance, Arlington, VA. an importer of carbines mostly from South Korea. This importers marking was required on all firearms imported into the U.S.A. after 1968.

This is probably a replacement barrel. Inland manufactured their own barrels. The I.B.M. barrel was probably installed as part of an arsenal repair.
JackP
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2018 at 4:29pm
I would expect a barrel marked INLAND MFG /GENERAL MOTORS with a date around 9-43 to 10-43

I would have to agree that this has been through a arsenal rebuild or had parts swapped at some point.
As to value it would be considered a shooter. the price can vary based on parts and condition.
Pictures would really help.

If you have pictures but trouble posting you can email them to me
Dan@uscarbinecal30.com for me to insert into your thread.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlvcarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2018 at 9:11pm
So if I have a carbine that has a Inland receiver and a Arlington Va stamp on the barrel, which indicates imported into US from Korea 80s/90s, do I have a collectable or just a "shooter". And would $700 be a fair price (if rest of weapon is clean)?
DC Love
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2018 at 8:58am
I would call it a shooter. If it is in good shape, unmolested,and not shot out, I would say it is a average price these days. GK
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image