Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Identify this rear sight...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchdog49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2018 at 10:56am
This is great information, I had wrongly thought (see my initial post) that BLUE SKY imports came from Italy....good to know the correct info, and of course that now makes much more sense with the presumably Korean-manufactured rear sight. Thanks!
watchdog49 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchdog49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2018 at 11:47am
As requested, here are a few more images of the barrel-- please excuse my mediocre photographic skills, best I can do....
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2018 at 6:46pm
There's another T.I. sight on a Blue Sky, QHMC return over on the CMP forum.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?p=1736464#post1736464
JackP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

There's another T.I. sight on a Blue Sky, QHMC return over on the CMP forum.

Interesting how the T.I. sight pictured on the CMP forum is marked TI on the left side, the ones in the OP's pic and the milsurps forum pics are marked on the right side.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Blue Sky imports mostly have a light gray finish, though some did not need refinishing. These came from South Korea.

Weren't the carbines that went to Italy observed with a black finish?

The question would be how it got from Italy to South Korea? Unlikely but not impossible.

I would not assume that because it has a FAT stock that the carbine was imported with that stock. I also would scrutinize the barrel to see is it has been swapped out by previous owner or during rebuild.

A great many Bavarian returns had parts stripped and put on other carbines. I would take an original appearing Bavarian over a corrected carbine with Bavarian refinished parts.

Outstanding post, and one that's very topical for myself atm. The above information is exactly what I'm trying to learn.   Differentiating b/t arsenal/armory/.mil work VS. civilian, Bubba, etc. work done on a carbine.

Welcome to the forum watchdog49!
watchdog49 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchdog49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2018 at 6:55pm
Thank you very much sir, and I agree -- this discussion has been very interesting and enlightening for me as well. It's amazing that no matter how long you've been messing with carbines, there's always so many new things to learn!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12