The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 7:20pm
Hi my name is Charles from michigan. I recently was gifted a mint condition (fired only once in 1968 when detroit had the riot issues) Universal M1 Carbine. My neighbor has had it protected for 50 years and its a beauty. I received it today and like my other guns, I enjoy learning everything about them and Im
glad to have found this forum. THX!
P.S. Where can I get more info on the M1 with the serial#?,thx
Charles Wilson
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 7:27pm
I will post pics as soon as I can, thx
Charles Wilson
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 8:46pm
Charles, welcome to the forum. There is a section on this website with info on commercial carbines, click on the scoped carbine at the top of the page and it will take you to the home page, there are a number of links listed on the left side of the home page including commercial carbines from there it will lead you to the universal page.
http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 9:21pm
Hi Charles and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

I just acquired a Universal as well. Mine is a Gen II and I haven't shot it yet. It's well worn so I hope it still has some life left in it. Enjoy.

JackP
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 9:22pm
Thank you, I'm reading now!
Charles Wilson
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2018 at 9:33pm
Thank you  I'm reading now. This one came from Sears, S/N #122322
Bought in 1968. My neighbor for decades who's 89 gave it to me today and so I guess 
I would like a gunsmith who works from the range I go to check it out i guess.
it sat for 50 years triple wrapped after only being fired once ever he said.

Charles Wilson
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2018 at 6:08am
Welcome to the forum.  Great neighbor you have.  
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2018 at 12:59pm
Welcome to the forums.
To be clear this is not a DPD gun with DPD markings, Was fired by an individual?
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2018 at 8:57pm
Welcome to the forums Charles.
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2018 at 12:09pm
yes fired once 50 years ago from my neighbors brother as a test who only shot it once he said and it has been locked up since. His brother only bought it (who later passed) only as protection during the detroit riots in 67-68.
It was bought April 2,1968 from Sears. His brother my lifelong neighbor signed it over to me on 6-24,2018 its a Universal M1 Carbine serial# 123322.
I was actually at the range today I go to talk to the staff about the gunsmith they use and he can pick it up next wednesday to disassemble and clean and inspect all the parts. after that i might sell or keep lol,
It has two mint condition 15 round mags and the brochures and a strap. Impeccable condition. Thx
Charles Wilson
Chuck70 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2018 at 7:52pm
Well I took the M1 to my gunsmith today to service it after it been sitting for 50 years tucked away.
Charles Wilson
 Post Reply Post Reply