Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Universal M1 Carbine (need help)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 5:29pm
That's good information on the marking of the commercial receivers that can keep someone out of legal issues. I'm sure people have had that question in mind on how anyone might find out if it's been one or the other.

This is the reason people buy a newly produced receiver to assemble a pistol length Carbine. You can get a Fulton receiver, especially when they go on sale a couple of times per year in the $270 range. Or save money and get an Enforcer.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 6:07pm
I guess all of us have quirky things we do that makes the other guy wonder, I know I’m guilty.

I can’t see cutting down a 30 Carbine for a pistol. There are too many good and cheap AR pistol caliber components out there at the moment. The manufacturers are practically giving the stuff away. One reduces the effectiveness of the 7.62x33 when the barrel is whacked. Too much 9mm stuff out there to build and shoot for 1/3 the cost of 30-caliber ammo.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 6:43pm
Advisor Carbines are cooler than an AR pistol. And even a standard length M1A1 is shorter than a 12" barreled AR If I remember correctly, due to the gas tube.
There are many damaged barrels out there for usage. Some are Blue Sky, Herlo, counter bored, blued, markings removed, sleeved barrels from Commercial makers, Criterion, etc.. Mine was originally a GI barrel that was already pistol length, which may have been done by one of the commercial companies. Can't remember now but it may have been one of the sleeved versions from a demilled gas section sleeved with a 1903.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 6:58pm
I’d have to go search-it-down, but I think I recall that Inland (the new one) was manufacturing a pistol carbine at one time. Looked just like the enforcer. I am not even sure if Inland is still around and possibly is/was in the Khar and Auto Ordnance family. Don’t know if that offering succeeded or not.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 7:00pm
They're around $1000 for the commercial Inland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12