Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Early Inland I-Cut Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Early Inland I-Cut Stock
    Posted: Jun 08 2018 at 9:11am
I have been restoring a very early Inland carbine (Serial #342) and have been fortunate enough to have obtained all of the correct parts needed with the exception of a very early Inland Stock and handguard.

Description of the stock/handguard that I need:
Inland Stock:
a. Type 1 High Wood, I-Cut. Marked in the sling well with Crossed cannons, an Ordnance Bomb and an “O” or...
b. Type 1 High Wood, I-Cut. Marked in the sling well with Crossed cannons, an Ordnance Bomb an “O” and an “LA”

2. Inland Handguard: markings: Marked “O” with a Deep Groove.

Photos that depict an example of the slingwell markings that I am looking for can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0w47p5vyu...-3YZ2xsGa?dl=0

You may contact me either through a PM at this forum, or at my personal email: jiffycop@gmail.com

Thanks for looking.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2018 at 9:18am
Nevinator, your link to the photos did not work, keep getting some error code.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2018 at 12:12pm
My apologies about the link to the photo - something went wrong with the sharing link.

Let's try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4qq7e7i8ltcclq/Type1_highwood_I-Cut_Marked_O%281%29.jpg?dl=0

arthur View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2018 at 3:09pm
 I would be interested in how much that stock is worth. Any one Know?
old59porsche View Drop Down
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2018 at 6:49am
If you can find them, probably in the $500 range.
Retired Army Guy
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2018 at 8:53am
With the unique markings on that particular stock, 500 could be somewhat a bargain. It depends on how nice the stock is, plus how nice the seller is. Wood makes all of the difference on most any carbine, it's what catches the eye or eyes almost right away. OP, good luck in your search for this stock. You have taken on an endeavor that I would never ever engage in and come further than I imagined you would.
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2018 at 9:18am
Thank you for the kind words. When I first located this rifle in a pawn shop while traveling on vacation in MD I knew that I had to have it. I was still uncertain at the time what to do with it. The receiver, barrel, barrel band and front and rear sights were all original and in outstanding condition. The remaining components were a true mixmaster. Fortunately for me, I was contacted by a rather well known carbine collector who posts on this forum as well as the CMP Forums, and he provided me with a lot of guidance in teaching me how to identify the correct parts that I needed. He sold me some extra parts that he had and also introduced me to a couple of other members who had some of the parts that were needed.

At the end of the day I located everything I needed within four months with the exception of the stock. I’m still hoping that someone out there in Carbine-land is hanging on to one of these in hopes of finding an early Inland and may decide to sell it to a good home.

Nevinator
Retired US Army First Sergeant
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, VFW Life Member
From Conroe, TX
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2018 at 8:55am
Still looking for the stock in the original post.
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2018 at 12:39pm
An original early inland stock or really early original inland stock with ccc in sling well? Probably almost impossible to find as most are attatched to the rest of the original carbine. On eBay such a stock would probably lead to a bidding war imo. 800-1000+.

Where ya gonna find one?

Never say never though.
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2019 at 6:27pm
Found it! Bought it.  Thread closed.

Still need the correct handguard. 
Retired First Sergeant, U.S. Army
Retired LEO
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply