The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinenewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: Apr 11 2018 at 9:12pm
Hello. New to carbine collecting but have been lurking here and other site trying to learn. Bought my first carbine, a mixmaster and I'l think I'm going to correct it. It has all the standard late parts and I'm looking forward to learning how to correct it and the correct parts to use.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 7:09am
Welcome to the forum.  This is a great place to get help with your carbine project.  These guys are great! If you haven't already be sure to click on the carbine at the top of the page to get redirected to the main page with lots of information.  Please excuse me but just to clarify, are you wanting to correct the carbine for all the parts as it was issued, or just the exterior appearance with flip sights, barrel band, probably flat bolt, etc?    

In either case I suggest starting by completing a Datasheet which will familiarize you with the parts as well as determining what you have.  Also, what mfg receiver and barrel do you have?  If you want to do the "as issued" and they aren't correct for each other then re-barreling the receiver will be a bigger challenge.  Completing a Datasheet should help answer this as it will determine what other parts you have to work with.  I also suggest you get familiar with posting pics as you will be asked for pics.  Some things just can't be described and you know what they say about a picture.

Again, welcome.
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 7:58am
Hi and welcome to the forum! There is some great knowledge over here regarding this wonderful rifle: the .30M1.
Greetings from the south of the Netherlands.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2018 at 10:11am
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!
JackP
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image