The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member in South Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member in South Texas
    Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 12:16pm
I am a new member and new carbine owner.  I just purchased a Standard Products built in mid 1943.  In 20 years in the Army, I felt the need to have one of each weapon I carried, which are M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1911 A1, and an M16.
I wanted one in the condition I carried, and matching number/name did not matter, we mixed them up all the time.
I am interested in using the expertise of this forum to find the history of my carbine, and will be posting lots of photos to make that happen as soon as I determine how to post photos.  Here is a first try:
" border="">
Retired US Army Officer
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 12:51pm
Don, welcome to the forum, this site is a great resource for information on all things carbine. Hope to see your pictures soon.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DonFromTexas View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 1:48pm
I hope to see them soon as well! I post photos in several forums, but for some reason I just cannot get the right combination for this one. Even the instructions are confusing.
Retired US Army Officer
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 2:00pm
Finally figured it out I think, this should be a photo of my carbine!
Retired US Army Officer
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 2:57pm
Don, Please let me know what is confusing in the instructions, any input is most welcome!
You can PM me or post in that thread that you find confusing. 
We can only fix what we know is an issue.

Welcome to the forums!

Best, Dan
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 4:23pm
Nice looking rifle.
Nevinator View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2018 at 9:26am
Welcome, Don. I am also located here in TX. - Conroe.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2018 at 10:06am
Starting to get the hang of posting photos, lets try this one (sorry guys)
Retired US Army Officer
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFromTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2018 at 10:27am
OK, lets try once more now.  My stock has this crude "stamp" next to the butt plate.  I suppose a local trooper just making his stand out, does anyone else have a similar marked stock?

Retired US Army Officer
 Post Reply Post Reply