Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M1A1 on EBAY?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1A1 on EBAY?
    Posted: Apr 07 2018 at 9:57pm
Anybody else notice that there is a Inland M1A1 listed for sale on ebay? Not sure how long it will be before they realize they have a gun for sale and they shut it down.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2018 at 10:35pm
I saw it. It's been on for a few days now.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 12:00am
Excluding why it was listed on eBay and hasn't been removed, what a strange Augusta arsenal M1A1.

HW stock and sounds like circle P on back
Flip sight
Type 1 band
Fat boy PG with a P (arsenal)

Not sure why sellers think an arsenal paratrooper, corrected or not is worth almost 4k. Maybe that is retail or something?

What's the over under on how long the listing lasts?
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 10:03am
Just figured the seller was intentionally maximizing his exposure by using ebay.

And I have so much to learn about the M1A1. They seem to be like the IP though; almost every one I see has been corrected or put together.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2018 at 12:22pm
Same here ten, much to learn. Like chasing the white whale.

Not hard to drop a correct action into a paratrooper stock that has visited the "humping" booth. Part difference would aide in identification but I'm sure the humpers are on top of that one as well. At a minimum, must take it apart.

Once had someone tell me the Augusta arsenal marking was the GI's initials.

Looks like auction was ended due to error in listing. Seemed like the seller at least knew it went to arsenal.
 Post Reply Post Reply