Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trigger ID help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trigger ID help
    Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 10:53pm
I recently picked up an IP with a couple parts not IP or S'G'. The trigger does not have the unique notch and it has a stamp F.l. It's a very clear stamp. I can not find anything in the books about it. Could it be from a commercial manufacture carbine?? Thanks, gene
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 11:05pm
Think a variation of Reflector Hardware for inland

RHI , F.I
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 11:24pm
Reflector Hardware for Inland would be RHI. I think FI is Fluorescent Electric for Inland.
JackP
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 1:14am
The stamping is clearly a deep fine F.l. stamp. The trigger has very little use. Color is almost gloss black. And I think it's a early type
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 8:10am
Reece Button Hole Machine= R.I. and some variations of that punctuation wise
Reflector Hardware Company= F.I. and some variations of that punctuation wise

There could be some variations on those markings of course. BTW, I have seen some beautiful black oxide finish on the Reflector Hardware triggers.

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 9:43am
I would be interested if there is any information to back Fluorescent as a subcontractor to Inland.
Only info i find is they made mag catches for Rockola.

Only two listed subcontractors for inland but 3 marks not including variations, as pointed out.

The RHI was seen for a period but FI far more common.

I believe the F is for ReFlector, emphasis on F.
RI was taken, RHI might have been to big for part?

Bottom line a trigger for Inland

Inland had sent 100/100 to IP and 1000 to S'G' according to WB

If an otherwise original looking carbine send in a data sheet and ask Bob to check others in range.

If early please postpictures
If possible with a later trigger and straight on to avoid skew
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 10:37am
CCNL 206 lists Reflector Hardware as a vender for Inland triggers and marked F.I.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
James K View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 1:21pm
gene: should you ever need to blue, A&B Plating on Columbia Blvd Portland, an industrial plating co. will do gun parts. Their black oxide is great. Most of my relatives are in Miller's cemetary. 
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2018 at 12:00am
Here are pic's of triggers, from top to bottom #1 rock-ola #2 is the F.I. #3 S'G' #4 SG   Now that I see the pic's I question my knowledge of distinguishing early or late type triggers. Gene                                                 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMfFLnLxJSANa4P1zqsSeivmq0RryF7uWUM4JodZtdVp1Mabntz3yHMuMKnLIPqzA?key=dTZQb3M2TzU4WWxzUjI2bmVhV1R5RHFhMUJEZ3hn
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2018 at 12:06am
Well looks like the mystery has be solved thanks W5USMC
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by James K James K wrote:

gene: should you ever need to blue, A&B Plating on Columbia Blvd Portland, an industrial plating co. will do gun parts. Their black oxide is great. Most of my relatives are in Miller's cemetary. 

James Is that the cemetery just north of Abiqua rd. and Cascade Hwy?? Last names??
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2018 at 8:49am
Interesting, I own three F.I. marked triggers and on all three the marking is underlined. By your picture it does not appear that yours is underlined.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2018 at 8:34am
Some were underlined, some were not.
 Post Reply Post Reply